Hi and welcome to recipe #39! This week’s recipe comes from a book that Nollid picked up at a used book store. The only reason he bought it was because he thought the cover looked “fun!” However he never picked out a recipe to make. So after a few weeks I decided to pick one for him and I choose the noodle pudding.
Mr. Foods Noodle Pudding
½ pound wide egg noodles
1 container (16 oz) sour cream
1 cup cottage cheese
6 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoons alt
1 cut fruit cocktail
Ground cinnamon, for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the noodles to desired doneness and drain
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the sour cream, cottage cheese, eggs, sugar and salt
- Fold in the fruit cocktail
- Add the noodles and mix gently
- Transfer the mixture to a coated (with nonstick spray) 9 X 13 baking pan (note see review – I recommend a smaller pan for deeper/thicker layer of the pudding)
- Sprinkle with a little cinnamon
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Lower temperature to 325 F
- Bake for another 15 – 20 minutes or until golden and set
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving
Mr. Foods Noodle Pudding Review
I can’t say that I would have thought to use pasta for a dessert/pudding. The top was slightly crispy which was fine. However due to the size of the pan the pudding depth was thin so you never got much of the smooth pudding texture to eat. Therefore I would recommend using a smaller pan for a deeper pudding vs spread out into a 9 x 13 inch pan.
I would say the pudding was “Ok.” I would eat it again, but I would not go out of my way to make it or eat it. So I guess that means I would not make it again. However it was worth trying!
Overall we give it a 2.5 Chef Star Rating.